I was *this* close to titling this post, “Orange You Glad It’s Friday?!” because, for the love, I am.
In my fashion fantasies, I have a closet full of delicate floral dresses and swishy skirts — a well-curated assortment of current designers and priceless vintage, dontcha’ know — and I sashay around my flower shop in them every day with Louboutins and pearls.
In real life, flower shops are messy and hard on clothes; and most days I can barely pull off a low wedge, much less sky-high stilettos.
A bold floral skirt paired with a t-shirt is how I compromise.
All the donuts and fast food of Mother’s Day week caught up with me, and come Monday zipping my jeans was a bit of a problem. Big boxy shift dress to the rescue! Oh, 20-year-old metabolism, why have you left me?!
I took an unintended “spring break” from the blog last week.
While I was out, I:
- Caught up on all the shows in my DVR; including several episodes of The Rachel Zoe Project that made me want to lock myself in the bathroom and cut bangs into my hair with manicure scissors. I promised my stylist I would never do that [again].
- Received a big shipment of gorgeous pink peonies at the shop, and fought the urge to bring them all home for myself.
- Gave my growing laundry piles the side-eye, and wore the same polka dot skinnies so many times I had to watch my back for the fashion police.
- Developed an addiction to chocolate banana protein shakes.
- Celebrated a lovely Easter with family, complete with some of our adorable nieces and nephews, a neighborhood egg hunt, a funfetti cake trimmed in (more!!) Peeps, and traditional holiday Jell-O shots for the grown-ups.
A special thanks to our friend and downtown neighbor, Mike, of Potthast Studios for snapping these shots on the fly this afternoon!