Oh man, last week really got away from me! I hope all of you that entered the last Closet Clean-Out Giveaway didn’t give up on me. I figure either the suspense is killing you, or you’ve forgotten all about it. Either way, here’s an little autumnal video drawing to announce the winner :-)
If you’re new around here, every once in a while I offer up an item from my closet in a Closet Clean-Out Giveaway. During my recent Summer Style Bootcamp experience, I realized I have a closet full of really nice things that I really don’t need (or use!). The next logical step in my radical self-help shopaholic therapy seemed to be to purge my closet of some of the superfluous stuff that’s piled up over the last year.
Since you all take the time to check in with my humble little blog, leave kind and inspiring comments, and generally are just awesome, I decided to pass these things on to you! This week I’m passing on these Stella & Dot Adrienne Chain Earrings.
1. Follow A.P.P. on Blogger, Bloglovin’, or Facebook and leave a comment with your email address so I can contact the winner
2. For an extra entry, tweet about this giveaway with a link to the blog and leave an additional comment letting me know you did so (and leave your Twitter handle so I can follow you!)
3. For yet another extra entry, post about this giveaway on your own blog, and leave a comment with a link to your post
This giveaway will close on Friday (10/8/10) at 9:00 a.m. EST. To share the love, previous CCOG winners will not be eligible.
>When the seasons change (which in Florida is less about the four seasons and more about the change in weather from hot-to-cooler and cooler-to-hot) I get the itch for major closet cleaning. I’m happy with the size of my closet, but it requires some pruning to keep it organized. There are a few self-imposed rules that I stick to when I tackle this semiannual project:
1. If it doesn’t fit, you must [a]quit it. I think most ladies keep a “range” of sizes in their closet because our bodies seem to stretch and shrink like magic dough throughout the month (I prefer the shrinking to the stretching, but the latter seems to occur more often for me). I used to hold on to my teeny tiny sizes because I’d convinced myself I’d fit back into them one day, but then I realized that this is nasty self-torture and started to eliminate them from my wardrobe. Now, if something is too small — or big — it gets the boot.
2. Trash the trendy stuff. When I shop, I splurge on classic staples and scrimp on trendy items. Since I buy these things on the cheap, by the time the season changes they’re usually threadbare and past their prime. Items like this don’t need to take up precious closet space, so they get weeded out.
3. If you haven’t worn it in 12 months, you’re probably never going to wear it again. This is a tough one, and I’ve had some regrets from following this rule, but it’s a non-negotiable for me. The only exceptions are expensive suiting separates and cocktail dresses, and other investment pieces. On the other side of the coin… if I’ve worn a piece to death, sometimes I feel it’s best for it to move along, too.
In the most recent purge, I updated the Shop My Closet
page with LOTS of great pieces. I’ll be adding more over the coming weeks. Here’s a little preview: